Some aromatherapists advise against using Oregano Essential Oil because it’s so powerful, but when used responsibly it can be even more effective than antibiotics in eliminating harmful bacteria. It also rivals morphine as a powerful pain reliever.
Oregano is considered to be the “heavy artillery” when waging war against bacterial infections. Many studies have confirmed it as a potent antibiotic, antifungal, antiseptic, antispasmodic, and antiviral, and it is unmatched in its ability to kill a wide range of pathogenic bacteria.
Although Oregano Essential Oil is truly impressive as a natural antiseptic, it contains a high amount of phenols which make it extremely strong and it has the potential to burn skin and mucous membranes if used undiluted. Always dilute 1 part Oregano to 10 parts carrier oil before applying it topically.
- Apply 2 drops to palms of hands and rub together, cup over nose and mouth being careful not to touch the face or eyes, and inhale slowly. Because Oregano’s aroma is so bracing and potent, it may cause coughing if you inhale too quickly.
- Should only be diffused under extreme circumstances, with great caution, to kill black mold or environmental toxins. Make sure everyone is out of the room during diffusion and for 8 hours afterwards.
- A 10% solution of Oregano and carrier oil can be applied down the spine to support the immune system or relieve pain.
- Apply 6-10 drops of this diluted oil along the spine and massage gently, allowing it to absorb into the tissue.
- To treat itches and infections of the skin, gums, and teeth, mix one drop of Oregano with 10 drops of carrier oil.
- The best place to apply Oregano topically for systemic benefit is the soles of the feet, but even there it should only be applied diluted with 5 parts carrier oil.
- Apply 6 drops of this mixture on each foot twice a day for immune support in fighting infections.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Store away from sunlight, at room temperature, with lid securely tightened.
- Oregano is a very “hot” oil, making it a strong skin and mucous membrane irritant. In case of undiluted contact with skin, immediately apply carrier oil or olive oil; do not attempt to wash off with water as this will drive the oil further into the skin tissue and magnify the problem.
- Do not use during pregnancy or if there is compromised liver function.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
* Information provided by Dr. Andrea Hillstad. For more information on Dr. Andrea, you can visit her website here.