Aromatherapy & Home Uses
Circulation, Muscles, and Joints: Obesity, palpitations, water retention .
Digestive System: Constipation, dyspepsia, spasm.
Immune System: Colds, flu.
Nervous System: Nervous tension and stress-related conditions.
Respiratory System: Bronchitis, chills.
Skin Care: Dull and oily complexions, mouth ulcers.
- Add 8-10 drops to ½ cup bath salts and mix into warm bath water. While the Sweet Orange fragrance is destressing you, the salt soak will be relieving the tension and pain from your muscles.
- Diffuse 10-12 drops in a cool mist Essential Oil diffuser.
- Place 1-2 drops on a tissue, cotton ball, or in the palms of the hands and inhale.
- Mix 20 drops with 4 ounces distilled water in a cobalt blue glass or PET plastic bottle, shake well and mist into the environment as desired. Sweet Orange is a warm and sensuous oil often combined with Cinnamon and Clove Essential Oils, particularly in misters or potpourris for the holidays.
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil is solvent and will often be included in blends to assist with cellulite. It can be used with a clay body mask for this purpose very effectively. Add to hand & body lotion or the carrier oil of your choice, adhering to safe dilution guidelines.
- The analgesic effects of the monoterpenes in Sweet Orange indicate it may be helpful in labor. It is thought to reduce edema, so it could be good to use in late pregnancy and early post-natally for swollen ankles and feet (it is safer than some oils recommended to reduce edema).
- Non-toxic, non-irritant, non-sensitizing.
- Though most citrus oils have some degree of phototoxicity, Sweet Orange is relatively safe in that respect. It is still a good idea to limit the exposure of skin to the sun when applying this oil.
- Those allergic to citrus should avoid.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your healthcare provider prior to use.
- Store away from sunlight, at room temperature, with the lid securely tightened.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
* Information provided by Dr. Andrea Hillstad. For more information on Dr. Andrea, you can visit her website here.