Aromatherapy & Home Uses
Circulation, Muscles, and Joints: Muscular pain, poor circulation, muscle tone, slack tissue.
Digestive System: Colitis, indigestion, gastro-enteritis.
Immune System: Fevers, infectious disease.
Nervous System: Headaches, nervous exhaustion, and stress-related conditions.
Skin Care: Acne, athlete’s foot, excessive perspiration, insect repellent, open pores, pediculosis, scabies, tissue toner.
Suggested Usage (10 years & up)
- Add 10-15 drops to ½ cup bath salts and mix into warm bath water to assist and help support your body in easing muscular aches.
- Mix 2-4 drops of Lemongrass Essential Oil in 1 pint of hot or cold water; soak a towel in water and apply on the desired location. Cover the area with a dry towel and heating pad or ice pack.
- Diffuse 10-12 drops in a cool mist Essential Oil diffuser. Lemongrass may be particularly effective for lack of concentration. Since it stimulates the left brain and aids our logical thinking processes, it is suitable for diffusers at home or in the office, especially in conference rooms or wherever clear, fresh thinking and good concentration are required.
- Put 1-2 drops on a tissue, cotton ball, or your hands and inhale deeply.
- Diffuse or use in a spray bottle to disinfect indoor air, as well as for washing appliances and furnishings. A couple of drops of this oil in wash water will make a room fragrant and hygienic.
- Mix 20 drops with 4 ounces distilled water in a cobalt blue glass or PET plastic bottle, shake well and mist into the environment as desired.
- Lemongrass is beneficial for sports injuries, bruises, and pulled ligaments. Add to hand & body lotion or the carrier oil of your choice, adhering to proper dilution guidelines.
- Non-toxic, non-irritant, non-sensitizing.
- Should not be used orally.
- Caution when using the oil for those with glaucoma.
- Caution in women with endometriosis as endometriosis could be exacerbated by estrogenic Essential Oils, especially if taken orally.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Store away from sunlight, at room temperature, with the lid securely tightened.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
* Information provided by Dr. Andrea Hillstad. For more information on Dr. Andrea, you can visit her website here.